Stimulated changes of conformations of Her-receptors in breast cancer cells and their consequences in genome organisation
Aims of the project:
- To investigate early Her-receptor cascade activation and genome (chromatin) response against it, using super-resolution microscope and structure characterisation with molecular biology methods.
- To acquire new competencies in molecular biology and microscopy methods.
- To establish new efficient and sustainable collaboration network between Latvia and Germany for chromatin biophysics research.
- Scientists and students of Latvian Biomedical Research and Study Centre, Laboratory of Cancer Cell Biology.
- Scientists and students of Heidelberg University, Kirchhoff-Institute for Physics, Prof. Hausmann group.
Main activities of the project:
- Molecular biology experiments for characterization of functional chromatin changes, its structure analysis and software-based analysis of microscopic images in Riga.
- Chromatin structure analysis with supperresolution microscope and software-based analysis of microscopic images in Heidelberg.
- ‘Know-how‘ exchange, hands-on training and knowledge transfer.
- Analysis of results, preparation and submission of scientific publication.
Planned public events:
- Seminar „Chromatin organisation mechanisms“ Heidelberg (2015. April).
- Seminar „ Nano- and mesoscopic level structures in cell systems” Riga (2015. October). Speakers include: Prof. Hausmann (Heidelberg) un Prof. A. Giuliani (Rome).